1. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my mom. Last I heard, we have to wait until her brain is not as swollen. So far, what is certain is that a) cancer is definitely under control, and b) mom’s left side is paralyzed. The extent of damage to the brain and how long it’ll take her to get back to normal is still to be determined.
2. It’s been an INSANE week since the news of mom’s stroke at 2 a.m. Tuesday night. First, Tuesday is prep day for our monthly board meeting. I was at work until 7 p.m.
3. Second, board meeting day starting with me waking up at 4:30 a.m. The meeting went well, but on top of that I have the task to make happen the retirement party with the staff for our former CEO on Wednesday. I was shopping for 2 hours after getting off work at 3:30, looking for gag gifts.
4. Thirdly, I finished all the gifts and arrangements at the party. Dinner went well. Gifts were well received. Staff were all toasted and had a wonderful time. Ah. The wonder of open bar! A bit of a dispute with the bill when they served us their most expensive wines without even asking me first.
5. Finally, a more quiet day at work. Yet, so much to do.
6. And oh yeah, AIDS Walk is tomorrow.
Good night, y’all. Will catch up with full report on Sunday.