Got more to write about but too sleepy to elaborate so I’ll just steal these “getting to know you” bit from from Lauren…er…Sydney’s blog thingy.
Three names you go by
- Oakley and other variations (Oaks, OakMonster, Oaktown)
Three things you like about yourself
- Musically inclined
- Slightly artistic (I said ARTistic, not AUtistic)
- My ass. Hahaha!
Three things you don’t like about yourself
- My calves. They should belong to Popeye
- Constantly feeling self conscious with my English
- Being my own worst critic
Three things that scares you
- Little white gecko/salamander thing (“Jingjok” in Thai), and the big colorful ugly gecko (“Tuk-kae”)
- Height only when there is no barrier between me and the vast space below i.e. on a ledge with no railing.
- Feeling of falling or drops. May it be on a plane or in a car or down a rough elevator.
Three everyday essentials
- Brandon’s kisses
Three things you’re wearing right now
- Thick bracelet made out of coconut shell beads.
- White Nike hoody workout t-shirt.
- Dickies jeans.
Three of your favorite bands or musical artists
- Carole King
- Dave Mathews Band
Three of your favorite songs
- Desperado – Eagles
- The way you look tonight – anyone but Rod Stewart
- Walk on – U2
Three new things you want to try in the next twelve months
- Learning to speak Mandarin
- Riding Metro to work
- Cook dinner on a weeknight. (Rachael Ray, you shall be my guiding light!)
Two truths and a lie (in no particular order)
- All of my best friends live more than 20 miles from me.
- I can tap dance.
- My Snoopy doll is old enough to drink.
Three things physically about the opposite sex that don’t appeal to you
- Excessive body hair.
- Skinny. Not lean-muscular, but going for the cocaine chic or anorexic look.
- Receding hairline that they try to cover. I don’t mind bald or super short hair. But something like the Donald irks me.
Three of your favorite hobbies
- Making music
- Writing in general
Three things you want to do really badly right now
- Blow my nose
- Cuddle with Brandon
- Go to sleep
Three careers you’re considering. Well, I just started a new job that is an absolute dream right now. So I’ll make this “Three careers other than yours that you’d like to attempt”.
- Musical theater actor
- Hotel Concierge
- Aid worker
Three kids names
- Aeryn (Farscape)
- Jonas (Stargate)
- Aiden (Sex in the City)
Three things you want to do before you die
- Visit Paris
- Snorkel the Similan islands
- Ride a horse on a trail on my own
Three ways in which I am stereotypically a girl
- I love chocolate
- I love chick flicks (not all of them but when I’m in the mood for them, watch out!)
- I love men, especially hot ones