Not a day off

No TGIF for me after all, my friends.

Welcome to one of the longest day of my life so far this year.

8:00 a.m. – Woke up and had some cuddle time with Brandon. That was nice. Until…

8:40 a.m. – Startled awake. OMFG!!! I managed to the turn off the alarm. Must leave the house in 10 minutes to make my 9 a.m. doctor’s appointment.

9:04 a.m. – Walk into the doctor’s office. Annual physical exam went well. Will find out about the blood works later.

9:30 a.m. – Grabbed a tuna sandwich and blueberry smoothie from Fresh & Easy for breakfast. Headed over to the Toyota dealership.

10:00 a.m. – About a mile from the dealership, the Check Engine light turned itself off. WTF!?

10:30 a.m. – With Merlin in good hands and my belly full of food, I walked around the corner to the optometrist appointment.

11:00 a.m. – Eye exam and contact lenses adjustments. We talked about the possibility for LASIK for me. It’s a toss up, really. On one hand, my sight has steadied in the past few years, a good candidate for laser correction. On the other hand, my eyes are so dry that the LASIK might trigger the worst. It was suggested that I check with my Trojan Ophthalmologist next. (Note to self: must make appointment.)

12:00 p.m. – Met up with Terence, former coworker, for lunch, catercorner from the dealership.

1:15 p.m. – Settled into the spa pedicure chair at my favorite nail place, across the street from the dealership.

1:45 p.m. – Wandered through Marshall’s and Ross in search of a new purse. Got a few potentials but did not fall in love with any. *sigh*

2:30 p.m. – Ended up at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Sipped tea and read while waiting.

3:30 p.m. – Arrived back at the dealership. They told me gazillion things were wrong with the car, but most importantly 2 things. One of which was an utter rip off, by the way. After a conversation with Brandon’s brother-in-law the Toyota chief mechanic, we just went with the major purchase that is Check Engine light related. You see, they cited transmission fluid being old and needed replacing. About a month ago, Brandon changed my oil and accidentally drained the transmission fluid so replaced that. Suddenly, I completely lost 100% faith in that dealership. I used to trust them so much. Then again, they’re under new management. That may just be why.

4:00 p.m. – Stopped back at the old office to transfer used books out of Terence’s car. Operation Paperback is in full swing for me, as it is one of my “to do” list since the Awakening.

4:30 p.m. – Found myself at Fresh & Easy again to pick up groceries for dinner. I was making the garlic Dijon crusted pork roast with roasted veggies.

5:00 p.m. – Arrived home and started working on packing up the books and other things.

6:00 p.m. – Then we realized we had to go get our taxes signed off.

6:30 p.m. – Stopped at Pound 4 Pound and dropped off dinner for Shane.

7:00 p.m. – Signed tax paperwork. Headed home.

7:30 p.m. – I started in on dinner prep work. Brandon started the laundry and continued for all 3 loads. Meanwhile, I got to sit down and enjoyed Eli Stone.

9:00 p.m. – Dinner was served.

10:00 p.m. – I put the laundry away. Brandon did the dishes. I packed the boxes of books. Brandon enjoyed his game…

12:30 a.m. – …until his brand new computer acted up. Brandon went to bed. I’m practically falling asleep typing right now. So, good night to you.

Tomorrow? I have to wake up early again to take the boxes to the post office before the crew lands at 10 a.m. to go shooting.

Oh gosh. I’m so frickin’ tired I can’t even swear properly…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.