I had a feeling I might have done this before but for the life of me, I can’t find it on the blog.Â I guess if I can’t remember, then it never really happened.
Since I got tagged bajillion times on Facebook for this, and for some reason I’m not even tired, here’s my random 25.
- I’m ambidextrous. Sort of. Think I was born a lefty but then was made to use my right hand.Â I write with my right.Â Shoot hoops and pick up heavy stuff with my left.Â I bat left because as a lefty forced to play tennis right handed, my two handed backhand stroke was my strong point.
- I can’t float in water. I’ve been trying to learn, but I just can’t do it.
- The first movie I ever cried in was when Hooch died in Turner & Hooch.
- The latest movie I cried in was at the end of The Martian Child.
- I am an eighth Iranian.Â Surprise!Â My mom’s grandmother immigrated from Iran, as I found out from my family history.
- Lactose used to be my best friend. Now, more of a frenemy.Â I can have a little, but too much and you can put me in the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade.
- My mom made me swear that I will never, ever do anything to my eyebrows.Â “Your grandmother gave you that,” she said.Â In the olden days, a royal tradition is to bless a newborn and “draw” their features with the dye made from a purple flower.Â The belief is that the eyebrows will grow in the shape that was drawn.Â (Then again, mom also over-plucked hers in her youth and regretted it.)Â I don’t touch my eyebrows except to stem off unibrow.
- Brandon and I have never said a wedding vow or any of the “For better or for worse” crap.Â We got married traditional Thai way–there was no vow.
- I have a poster of Emily the Strange signed by her senior illustrator Nix Turner.
- I still have the trusty clothespin I used all semester of Cinematography class.Â Love that clothespin. It holds EVERYTHING.
- Don’t tell anybody but I think occasionally I still have the hots for Tom Cruise. One never quite outgrows her first celebrity obsession.
- Lily is the only close friend who is shorter than me.
- I was the longest reigning shortest girl in class since kindergarten until I inched out the other shorty in 6th grade.Â Then that girl left school so I was the shortest one through 10th grade.Â When I came back from the U.S. after 11th grade, I outgrew Lily and therefore lost my title.
- I own a pair of figure skates.Â Yes, Thailand DID (still do?) have an ice rink.Â My 4th grade, rich BFF wanted a pair of hockey skates but her mom bought her figure.Â Guess who had the same size feet?Â I still have them in a closet back home.
- I own a pair of roller skates.Â Right here in my closet.
- I read on the throne.Â My dad sets quite an example.
- I went to a 10-day meditation retreat once.Â Once was enough for me.Â I learned a lot.
- My motion sickness is legendary.Â I can’t get on a hammock.Â Sometimes not even a swing.Â Can’t spin me around on an office chair either.Â I also get motion sick from a movement of the crowd–found that out from the meditation camp as I constantly got nauseated at walking meditation.Â That’s why I don’t really like crowds.
- I had written a parody of the classic Thai epic poem “Pra Apai Manee”–in the same poetry format and of an epic proportion for a school girl.Â Twenty some pages long.
- I once considered becoming a wicca in college.Â Got a friend who was one and gave me all the books.Â Freaked Nora out when I told her.Â Didn’t quite get into it.
- I was asked to join my school’s Saturday art camp (2nd-3rd grade, I think?) because I had potentials, but was asked to not return after a couple of weeks in because I sucked.Â Joy was in that too.
- Joy’s art from the camp made it to be printed on the school’s fundraising bookmarks accompanied by my slogan.Â Take that, art teacher!
- I wanted to be the first Thai doctor to become a NASA astronaut who will also become a magazine editor once she retires from space missions.
- As far as I know, I was the only person in my entire school to have subscription to a science magazine. (Then again, back then, there was only one.)
- As far as I know, I am the only person in my circle of friends here and back home who has ever seen/remembered Animalympics.
But hey, we can remedy #25 now!Â Someone digitized the whole thing in 9 sections.Â Start here![youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Zs3607vQs]