Yes. I was at TEDxUSC. My mind was thoroughly blown. That’s another post unto itself so I’m not going into it here much.
- My Starbucks treat: decaf tall Americano with caramel sauce.
- Leftover plantano frito con frijoles y crema—fried plantains with beans and sour cream–from my Friday’s foray into Salvadorian cuisine. Ahhh…Sarita’s Pupusaria at the Grand Central Market!
- Mendocino Farms’ Vegetarian BLT. Yes, you read that right. It has vegetarian “bacon” and pepper jack cheese. And it was wonderful. You read that right. This bacon fiend actually enjoyed the vegetarian “bacon”! Then again, I was eating int the sun in line outside of USC’s Bovard Auditorium. It’s like being home again. Everything tasted better!
- A handful of blueberries
- A few glasses of wine at TEDxUSC reception and a few noshes, a little cheese quiche and a blue cheese & grapes egg roll.
- Came home and made The Minor Elvis: a grilled peanut butter, banana, and honey on 9-grain toasts. The real Elvis has bacon in it…
Satisfactory level: Very satisfied. Again, the surprise that was the vegetarian “bacon”. It looks horrifying but it tastes like a less salty, not so greasy, crispy fatty part of the real thing. I would eat that again. And I’d even put it in the Veggie Elvis!
Thoughts: Holy crap. I ate a lot of carbs this week…