One of my goals this year is to bring back my Vegetarian Tuesdays ritual.Â This time, I hold on to the dairy but ditch the eggs, but not in the strictest of sense.Â I mean, I’m not looking at the back of the box for baked goods with eggs in them.Â Just not visible eggs, I guess that’s what you’d call it.Â No egg salad or omelet, but okay with cake.Â Sort of thing.
I figured, I’d try to document my success and failure this year. It’ll go something like this.
- A slice of Fresh & Easy’s Il Fornaio panettone.
- A FREE grande decaf soy toffee nut latte which I sipped through the day.Â So it’s a breakfast AND a snack.Â AND because I had a coupon for a freebie, that stays within my once-a-week Starbucks goal as well.
- Fresh & Easy’s jasmine rice in a tub. (Best thing ever!)
- Wildwood Organics teriyaki sproutofu…which wasn’t all that teriyaki-y.
- A side of Fresh & Easy Thai peanut sauce for dipping…which improved the overall result tremendously.
- 2 small organic vine ripen tomatoes from local farmer’s market.
- Most of an Asian pear. (Coworkers helped me eat some.)Â And one bite of cake but all of the frosting on my half of a not-very-good Starbucks red velvet cupcake my coworker shared with me.
- Red Robin: The queso with half of the chips and some of Brandon’s garlic fries.Â I didn’t even put a dent into the bowl of queso. So much cheese!
- Red Robin: A cup of French onion soup.
- Red Robin: An electric lemonade…or something like that.
- Baskin Robbins: A scoop of strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
Satisfaction Level: Full but a little guilty
I’m pretty satisfied with all the meals today, actually.Â Not horribly proud of my dinner choice but since I had a burger yesterday and about to eat the other half for lunch tomorrow, I wasn’t going to throw a veggie burger in the mix as well.
I did come home to check the box for the panettone for the egg content out of curiousity.Â And there it was.Â That was when I started to ponder how strict I am going with the whole no-egg thing.Â Same with the cake I had.Â There were eggs in that.Â My instinct says that if I was going to do the whole no egg thing, I should definitely be mindful of that and start checking the ingredients.Â On the other hand, I don’t want to be so strict I don’t enjoy the foods.
I guess I came to term in the middle.Â Avoid eggs if I can.Â But if it’s too much to ask, don’t worry about it.
Day 1 hasn’t traumatize me just yet.Â I can get through the year and beyond, I’m sure!