- Half of a giant blueberry peach scone I got from the farmer’s market over the weekend. I ate the other half on Monday.
- A mug of lemongrass-pandan tea.
- An avocado tomato sandwich: 2 slices of 7 grain bread lightly toasted, mayo (yeah..I didn’t think about the egg content…), seasoning salt, a few shakes of Tapatio, strawberry tomatoes, and half of an avocado.
- The other half of the avocado with seasoning salt.
- Split a giant Asian pear with coworkers.
- Beard Papa’s Cream Puff, courtesy of best boss/friend in the world.
- Room service at the Marriott Downtown LA: Chicken rigatoni, hold the chicken, with extra mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and ricotta insalata.
- A chocolate chip cookie.
Satisfaction level: Very high.Â I have to say I didn’t really miss meat at all.Â But then again, I was preparing for a work event we were putting on Wednesday morning, so a) I wasn’t really that hungry, and b) I didn’t really care if I was hungry–I didn’t have time to.
Thoughts: I was really surprised that I didn’t miss the meat.Â I mean, not even when I got to the hotel absolutely starved.Â I didn’t even think to break the deal and get a burger.Â As a matter of fact, I was looking forward to having some vegetarian pasta for dinner all day.
I think this whole eating meatless is growing on me.Â Being conscious of what I eat does change a lot of things.Â I’m sure I annoy people to no end with my new found path.Â But hey, I still succumb to factory-grown bacon and I still cook the commercially-farmed chicken because I can’t find any ethical one close by.Â A little bit is better than nothing at all.
Asian pears (thank GOD they are still in season because winter fruits are sooo boring!) from farmer’s market over Trader Joe’s blueberries from Chile.Â But…well…what the hell, I had a couple of the blueberries anyway.Â (Nhien brought it.)