Sloth Flu

I almost literally slept through this week.

Coming down with some kind of sickness, I was expecting that after 2 weekends of wind, sun, and mead.  I just didn’t quite expect it to hit so hard.

Wednesday morning, I woke up with a sore throat and zero energy.  I called my boss and went back to sleep. I woke up for breakfast, made echinacea defense tea, and went back to sleep. I woke up to snack and shambled out to my cooking class with Aurora. (Link up soon.)  I came home, watched LOST, took Tylenol PM and went to sleep. I kept checking for fever but there was none.

Thursday morning, I woke myself up with a cough, found myself still with a sore throat, zero energy, and now, no voice.  I kept checking for fever but still there was none.  I called my boss for another day off then called for appointment with my doctor.  Strep? Flu? Whatever it is was leaving me exhausted.  I shambled out to get separators put in my teeth in preparation for braces coming in 2 weeks from now.  Then I schlepped over to the doctor.

Good news, not strep or flu.  But sinus infection again apparently.

But she only gave me paper prescription for antibiotics in case things get worse.  Let’s put some faith on my body being able to fight this thing off by itself, she said.  I’ve been doing so well this year so she didn’t want to start me in on the antibiotic vicious circle again.

And now my teeth are hurting from the separators.  On top of the sore throat, I also can’t really chew.


I dragged my butt to Fresh & Easy and bought chicken soup ingredients, tossed all that in the crock pot, made some more tea, and went to sleep.  I woke up when Brandon got home and ate some soup.  He rolled me into the car and into the theater to see Star Trek with my friend Erin.  Half way blinded by all the lense flares, thoroughly entertained by the movie, and completely in bliss from seeing all my hot boys in space (Chris Pine makes Kirk adorable instead of smarmy and Zach Quinto makes Spock so fuckin’ hot it’s illogical!), Brandon rolled me back into the car and put me in bed.

Friday I got up and again shambled out to go to work.  One of the bus people picked me up to carpool to work. She was leaving around 1 p.m.  My boss saw my face and told me to go home with the carpool lady.  I got home around 2 p.m. and slept the rest of the day, woke up to make myself some omelet–the only thing I could gnaw on with my teeth hurting–and watched Let the Right One In with Brandon.  My nose started to actually clog up.  I took Nyquil and went to bed around 10.

11:30 a.m. this morning, Brandon woke me up.  I finally have the real “sick” feeling of snotty nose and a cough.  Still no fever to speak of but I do walking around feeling like I have one.  We ran some errands.  And here I am, forcing myself NOT to go back to sleep. But I don’t think I can stave that off.

Sloth flu.  I guess you can call it that.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.