Holy CRAP! It’s all ready been a week?!
My god. Am I a bad blogger!
But I promise to have something much more entertaining than my weekly food journal in a day or two.
For now, on to Meatless Tuesday.
- Open faced “grilled cheese” sandwich: one slice of 7-grain bread, buttered, topped with slices of one whole vine-ripen tomato, sprinkled with Nature’s Seasons seasoning blend, and a few slices of snack-sized cheddar cheese, toasted in the toaster oven until the cheese is melted.
- A mug of full-leaf oolong tea.
- Mid-morning snack: 2 whole grain crackers (they’re like 2.5 inch across!) from Fresh & Easy with generous schmear of whipped cream cheese, my mid-morning snack of choice these days.
- A bowl of vegetable chili based on the recipe in Food & Wine magazine (which I will blog about later).Â In that: heirloom carrots, daikon, red bell peppers, kidney beans, hominy, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and generous shakes of Chipotle Tobasco.Â And a piece of 7-grain toast.
- Late dessert/afternoon snack: a Godiva dark chocolate truffle.
- Because it was a buy one get another one for $2, I got 2 rustica pizzas from Z Pizza: Moroccan (egg plants, pine nuts, feta, basil pesto, caramelized onion) and Mediterranean (artichoke hearts, feta, roasted red peppers, greek olives, pili pili oil).Â I ate a few squares out of each.
- A glass of organic peach oolong iced tea.
Satisfaction level: Meat? What meat?Â Nope.Â Didn’t miss it one bit.Â And I was full all day.
Thoughts: It’s getting easier and easier each week, I have to tell you.Â I even didn’t miss the meat too much today.Â But I did have an egg for breakfast.Â I did crave some proteins for dinner but I didn’t go for my usual burger or ribs, but salmon.Â A little weird, I know.Â I’m sure I’m going to want me a juicy burger in a few days.
I’m also more conscious now of what I’d eat on a Meatless Tuesday and Brandon has been helpful in keeping me in check on that too.Â He’d try to help me think of places I could get something meatless to eat at.
Now, I’ve been thinking about it today that since I’m doing this a Buddhist reason, perhaps I should also not do alcohol on Tuesdays as well to make the whole religious day out of it.Â After all, abstaining from alcohol is one of the Five Precepts a good Buddhist should follow.
By not eating meat/eggs on Tuesday, and having not kill anybody, abstaining from taking life is checked off the list.Â Abstaining from alcohol? One day a week, I can do that.Â Abstaining from sexual misconduct is everyday…although I wonder if lusting afterÂ Taylor Lautner and/or Sam Worthington or dreaming about Jason Mraz counts.Â Abstaining from taking what is not given, no klepto here so check.Â And finally, abstaining from false speech aka lying. Well, that might be a little hard to swing in a corporate world, but we’ll do our best, won’t we?
Alright. It’s decided. Tuesdays will be meatless AND dry.